Location: Boston Office (preferred) or Ithaca Office
The industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading independent retailers and their wholesalers to provide eCommerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing and deep data services. Rosie serves as the preferred eCommerce partner by a variety of wholesale cooperatives, such as Associated Wholesale Grocers (AWG), Associated Food Stores (AFS), CERTCO, Olean Wholesale Grocers, and Associated Grocers of New England, and powers the online shopping platforms of major local retailers like Niemann Foods Inc., Broulim’s, Macey’s, Clark’s Market, and Buehler’s Fresh Foods. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition. Visit rosieapp.com for company information and to sign up for a free account. To see firsthand what retailers and their customers think about Rosie, check out this compelling video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncx49VUdDls. Like us at fb.com/rosieapp
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversee the development and implementation of support materials and services for chapters in the area of marketing and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and serves as a member of the senior management team. This position participates with the Board of Directors, senior management, and other management staff in charting the direction of the Organization, ensuring its accountability to all constituencies, and ensuring its effective operation. Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the COO, senior management team, staff of the Marketing, Retail Marketing, and Sales function. Outside the organization, the position coordinates, primarily, with the media.
Principle Accountabilities - Marketing and public relations
1. Responsible for creating, implementing and managing: comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and, all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
2. Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
3. Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
4. Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
5. Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
6. Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
7. Supports the sales team by updating collateral and external facing presentations.
8. Provide counsel on marketing, communications, public relations, and recruiting related content.
9. Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
10. Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events
Planning and budgeting
1. Report progress for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the COO.
2. Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
3. Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the COO.
4. Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function
5. Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, for-profit management and governance.
1. Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to: develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction -- in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and, ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
2. Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Organization’s key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organization’s relevance.
3. Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to the Organization’s priorities.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred.
Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the for-profit sector. Experience in the grocery industry a plus.
1. Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities. Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
2. Experience developing and managing budgets. Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
3. Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications. Expert skills in MS Word and PowerPoint, and page layout. Experience using web conferencing tools a huge plus. Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
4. Strong oral and written communications skills.
5. Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
6. Travel: out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
•Our work environment is a clean, bright studio and workshop.
•We provide the software and tools for you to succeed.
•Our excellent team environment will nurture your talents.
•We value results over experience and tenure.
•We live to create moments that deliver delight
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly